Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Milestones ELA Practice Test

In today's folder, you will find a sample Milestones practice test that your child completed in class last week.  I have attached a pink rubric to the front of each one so that you can see your child's score.  Please go over this packet with your child!

NOTE: After scoring each response based on the rubric I created to get the GRAND TOTAL on the right (see below), I began to think that I was weighting the paragraphs too much.  I went back and re-scored each student using a percentage model to get the score on the left.  In the grade book, I recorded the highest of the two scores.

GRAND TOTAL SCORE (on the right): There were 7 multiple choice questions worth 5 points each (35% of total), a two-point constructed-response paragraph (22% of total), and a four-point constructed-response paragraph (43% of total).  I'm including screen shots here of exemplar responses to try to show the level of work expected of our 4th graders.

PERCENTAGE SCORE (on the left): Total correct divided by 13 (total possible).

Item 5 (two-point constructed-response paragraph) sample responses:

Item 8 (four-point constructed-response paragraph) sample responses:

Please contact Mrs. Dyer if you have any questions!  Thanks so much for being our partners in education and for all that you do for and with your child!

No comments:

Post a Comment